New “Magical” Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Tinted Lip Balm Review
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something through those links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will only recommend products that I love, and feel are valuable to you. Thank you for your support!
The trends for this year include a lot of dewy makeup looks in combination with skin-loving products so brands are really trying to implement these trends into their product, just like Charlotte Tilbury. They recently came out with a tinted lip balm that includes hyaluronic acid and c-peptide for intensely hydrated and fuller-looking lips, at least that’s what they’re promising this lip balm does! I put these Charlotte Tilbury Happikiss Tinted Lip Balms to the test… are they any good? Let’s find out!
First of all, I’m a huge lover of hyaluronic acid serums so it being infused in a lip product already got me interested. The Hyaluronic Happikiss is supposed to be as nourishing and conditioning as a lip balm with the color pay-off like a lipstick with a dewy finish. I’m so here for makeup with skincare ingredients so of course, we’re testing this formula.
Hyaluronic Happikiss Tinted Lip Balm
The Hyaluronic Happikiss lip balms are available in 10 different colors and retail for $34 each. The lip balms contain which is similar to the other Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks such as the Matte Revolution and Super Star Lips. The two Happikiss lip balms I got are:
- Pillow Talk
- Crystal Happikiss
Based on the Charlotte Tilbury website, these are the key benefits of the Hyaluronic Happikiss Tinted Lip Balms:
- Its makeup magic meets skincare science, with potent ingredients that leave lips looking plumper, smoother, and more hydrated, whilst giving a glow to the lips.
- Hyaluronic Happikiss is a hyaluronic-infused lip mask + plump-effect lipstick gloss balm!
- Hyaluronic Acid: a hydrating ingredient for plumper, smoother-looking lips.
- C-Peptide: a miracle ingredient used to help maintain the youthful appearance of the lips. It firms and reduces the appearance of fine lip lines.
- Super-soft Polymers: Designed to care for your lips.
- Glossy Ester: A high water-holding ingredient that gives lips a high-shine effect. It moisturizes lips, leaving lips looking glossy and dewy.
- Hydrating Butters: responsibly harvested from Amazonian Rainforest trees. A natural hydrator for the lips with impressive replenishing and nourishing properties.
- Passioline ‘Passion fruit seed oil’ Butter: sustainably sourced ingredient known for its replenishing and conditioning properties.
- Glossy Pigments: to create a high-shine finish with medium coverage.
Based on the swatches, you wouldn’t be able to tell there’s something wrong with them. They’re pigmented and leave a nice glowy finish. Well, buckle up because this is going to be a tough ride lol.
First of all, I literally hate the packaging. It’s nothing like the normal, luxurious Charlotte Tilbury packaging at all. It’s made out of plastic and just feels very cheap. Moreover, you have to twist the bottom to get the product out which I also think feels a bit cheap and it’s a bit harder to get the product out. When you twist it up, there’s no going back so you have to be careful.
The formula of the Happikiss tinted lip balms feels heavy on the lips, it’s thick and not that comfortable. It feels nothing like a balm in my opinion. Moreover, it has this kind of stickiness to it, which makes rubbing your lips harder and just doesn’t feel nice when you open your mouth. Moreover, they’re not long-wearing at all. Even without eating or drinking, they start to fade away within an hour. However, they do have a nice medium coverage with a shiny finish, which is basically the only thing I like about these.
As a huge lover of the Pillow Talk lipstick, I picked up the Happikiss Pillow Talk because I expected it to be the same color but it looks way different on me. It’s not the normal nude pink color, it’s more of a brighter pink on me. This was also a disappointment since I love the Pillow Talk shade so much.
I love Charlotte Tilbury and their products but this Happikiss lip balm is just a huge flop in my opinion. The packaging is cheaply made, but you still pay the same amount of money as you do for other lipsticks which I don’t think is fair. The formula is not it at all… I feel like everything that could go wrong went wrong when making this. However, if you do love sticky lipglosses you might be able to like this but there are plenty of other brands that are more affordable and also sell stickier glosses. Overall, I would suggest staying far away from this tinted lip balm.
Do you like sticky or non-sticky glosses? Let me know in the comments!