Travel can be hard on the skin as you will be exposed to new fabrics, atmospheres, and more. There are many ways you can keep your skin smooth and soft while traveling. When packing, make sure you have all the basic essentials as well as some extra moisturizers.
- Gather and pack the basics. Before leaving for a trip, invest in a makeup or toiletry bag. You want to stay as true to your regular skin care regimen as possible when traveling, so it’s important to pack the basic products you use every day. You don’t want to risk being stuck somewhere without the skin care items you need.
- Mentally go through your day and think about when and where you use skin products. Make sure you pack things you use every day, like lotion, face washes, shaving creams, and so on.
- If you’re traveling by plane and not checking a bag, you may need travel sized containers of your normal skin products. Airlines require that you carry on 3.4 ounces/10 ml of any given liquid, and it must be stored in a plastic bag.
2. Bring moisturizer and sunscreen. If you’re going on a vacation, you will need a little extra moisturizer and should not neglect sunscreen. You’ll likely be out and about more on your trip, and your skin needs protection from the sun even on overcast days. Your skin also may dry out easier in a new environment. Even if you don’t habitually use them, pack sunscreen and moisturizer.
- When selecting moisturizers, aim for anti-inflammatory products. They should be rich in vitamins like C and E.
- For optimal protection from the sun’s rays, aim for a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
Let’s get more in-depth about when to use skincare and what’s important to think about while traveling:
- Moisturize the night before. You should start caring for your skin before you even leave on your trip. Long drives and flights can dry out your skin. Moisturizing the night before can minimize the effects. Use a moisturizer that contains honey, olive oil, aloe, or jojoba oil. Such ingredients are particularly nourishing for the skin.
- Moisturize your skin before and after a flight. Flying at high altitudes can dry out and damage the skin. Make sure you treat your skin right before getting off the plane and just after you land.
- Use a skin serum that enhances hydration right before you board the plane. Slip into an airport bathroom a few minutes before boarding time. Remember that UV rays can get through a plane’s windows, so add a layer of sunscreen over any exposed skin as well.
- As soon as you arrive where you’re staying, wash your face. Use a mild facial scrub and moisturizer.
- Strive to keep your skin care routine as consistent as possible. A lot of regular habits fall to the wayside when traveling, especially if you’re on vacation. However, it’s important to strive to keep your routine as regular as possible You will probably be exposed to a lot of new things, like new detergents on hotel furniture, different air, a different diet, and a different stress level. This can all affect your skin. To combat it, keep up with your normal skin care routine as best you can.
- Drink plenty of water while traveling. Hydration is important for your skin. Strive to drink water regularly to keep your skin healthy. Carry a water bottle with you when traveling. Drink water with meals over other beverage options.
- If you’re drinking alcohol, try to match every drink with a glass of water.
- Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep is never good for your skin. Not sleeping while traveling can make your skin more prone to travel-based skin issues. Strive to get a solid night’s sleep every night, as this is likely to help prevent travel-related skin issues.
I’m sorry if this blog post isn’t super good (thanks for Google, it helped me out today). While writing this my health isn’t really good the last couple of days but I really wanted to still upload a blog post for you. I promise it’ll be a lot better on Saturday! 🙂
Hope to see you next time loves,