If you buy something through the links, I may earn an affiliate commission (at no cost to you). Read the full disclosure here.
I independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you buy something through the links on the site, I may earn an affiliate commission (at no cost to you). For more information, read the full disclosure here.
I absolutely love Huda Beauty palettes, the bigger ones, and the smaller ones, and I own 90% of them. I’m a sucker for everything gold, and I love marble, too, so the packaging is what got me right away. The inside isn’t ugly either – it’s stunning!
I decided to pick up this Huda Beauty Gold Obsessions limited-edition Eyeshadow Palette from Cult Beauty, and I’m sharing my thoughts today.
The Empowered Palette is the closest Huda Beauty dupe for this Gold Obsessons Palette.
Huda Beauty Gold Obsessions Swatches
The palette contains 3 different formulas/finishes: mattes, metallics, and shimmery toppers. The mattes and metallics are very pigmented, whereas the shimmery toppers are sheerer (which is intentional and not a lack of pigment).
- Even though it shouldn’t be the most important thing, I think it deserves some credit! I’m obsessed with the packaging, and I genuinely think this is one of the prettiest packagings I own in my collection.
- I noticed a bit of kickback in the pan due to the intense pigment. The shimmery toppers had a slight bit of fallout on the face.
- The colors are inspired by gold, and some shades are adorned with gold flakes. The color story is very pretty, in my opinion, and I do love the variety of shades to create subtle looks as well as whole glam looks.
- The palette is in collaboration with Cult Beauty and is a limited edition. Even though I love special packaging and limited edition products, it’s also giving me FOMO, so this has to be a con.
- All formulas were easy to work with, the mattes were soft and smooth, the metallics felt like butter, and the toppers were cute. I had no problems whatsoever with blending.
I got a Huda palette for Christmas last year, it was a mint coloured one which is a shade I do wear often. But I didn’t realise the sheer shades were toppers for ages I just thought they were rubbish haha! That reminds me I really need to crack that pallet out again, this one looks lovely and the swatches you’ve done are beautiful!
Milli x – https://millidavison.co.uk/
I tend to stick with matte shadows now but I love your swatches! xx
Danielle’s Beauty Blog
This Huda palette looks stunning! I love that it looks so versatile for day or night. Even though it has a bit of fallout on the face, it still sounds like a lovely palette. Gorgeous swatches and photos btw!