I feel like they’re a lot of people who might struggle with this subject. I’ve seen a lot of people judging other people because of ‘how much makeup they’ve put on their face.’ People are telling others that natural makeup or no makeup at all is way prettier than makeup. In my opinion is this a new side of bullying others and I want to make sure to discuss this topic.
All types of people are bullying makeup lovers lately because ‘they use too much makeup’ and I really hate to see this. For example, if you see how many hateful and mean comments Nikkitutorials gets is really insane. Only because she likes a full face of makeup. A lot of people say things like ‘you should wear no makeup’, ‘you should wear more natural makeup’, ‘no one likes so much makeup’ and most of them think that people who wear makeup are insecure or ‘doing it for boys.’ It really is a new form of (cyber)bullying which makes me really sad that it still happens all the time.
It might be true that some girls out there use makeup because they feel insecure, but what if? Is it bad that makeup makes them feel good about themselves? I don’t think so. Most of all, if we lived in a less judgy world these girls wouldn’t even have to be insecure. If makeup makes you feel more beautiful, you should definitely wear it even though people might say it’s too much or things like that. If you like the way you look with makeup, you should wear it.
You get me really mad when (mostly boys though) say that girls wear makeup to impress boys. Like who thought this was true? I think 99% of the girls wear makeup because they like it and NOT because they want to impress a boy.
I feel like everyone should watch themselves. If you don’t like wearing makeup I would never judge you or leave you mean comments like ‘you really need some makeup on that face.’ Why would I? If you think you don’t need makeup or you don’t like it, I’m not going to judge you. If you like wearing natural makeup, that’s fine too. If you like wearing a lot of makeup, that’s also fine. We don’t need to judge each other on our preferences. Wearing a lot of makeup isn’t a bad thing at all and people should stop making it look like it’s bad.
Most people who bully others are jealous, they want to look/feel powerful, they’re being bullied themselves or try to escape their own problems. It has nothing to do with you, it’s all because those people experience negative emotions themselves. If you’re having a hard time dealing with bullies, here are some tips:
- Don’t blame yourself. It is not your fault. No matter what a bully says or does, you should not be ashamed of who you are or what you feel. The bully is the person with the problem, not you.
- Try to view bullying from a different perspective. The bully is an unhappy, frustrated person who wants to have control over your feelings so that you feel as badly as they do. Don’t give them the satisfaction.
- Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t make a bullying incident worse by dwelling on it or reading cyberbullying messages over and over. Instead, delete any messages and focus on the positive experiences in your life. There are many wonderful things about you so be proud of who you are.
- Learn to manage stress. Finding healthy ways to relieve the stress generated by bullying can make you more resilient so you won’t feel overwhelmed by negative experiences. Exercise, meditation, positive self-talk, muscle relaxation, and breathing exercises are all good ways to cope with the stress of bullying.
- Spend time doing things you enjoy. The more time you spend with activities that bring you pleasure—sports, hobbies, hanging out with friends who don’t participate in bullying, for example—the less significance bullying or cyberbullying will have on your life.
I just wanted to let you know that if you like a lot of makeup or nothing at all (and everything in between) you’re amazing and don’t let anyone ever tell you different. Do whatever makes you feel good!
I really hope that we can spread some positivity in the world together.
Hope to see you soon loves,