This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something through those links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will only recommend products that I love, and feel are valuable to you. Thank you for your support!
Aren’t we all always looking for the best products to prep and prime our face to make sure our makeup stays on perfectly all day long? The solution is here: a MAC Prep and Prime line with products to make our makeup stay on perfectly. That sounds interesting! But which products are my personal faves? Let me tell you everything about them in today’s blog post!
The MAC Prep and Prime range is pretty versatile and contains several products to fit our long-wearing needs. Some of the products in this line are more skincare related products, for specific skin care needs such as dry skin or oily skin. Other products in this line are more focused on creating a steady base before makeup application.
In today’s blog post I’m focusing on the makeup base products instead of the skincare products. After reading this post, you’ll be able to create the perfect make base with these MAC Prep and Prime products!
MAC Prep and Prime Base Products
- What it is: A light, oil-free emulsion that helps conceal visible pores while controlling oil.
- What it does: It applies wet for gentle microexfoliation and dries instantly to create an invisible, long-lasting, natural matte finish. It’s ideal for use on your T-zone.
- How to use: Smooth this onto skin after your moisturizer on the areas of your face where you want to minimize texture.
- What it is: A lightweight gel lotion formulated with special-effect silicones.
- What it does: It evens out skin redness and skin tone while adding radiance and improving the laydown and application of foundation or powder.
- How to use: Smooth evenly all over your face or to desired areas, after your moisturizer but before your foundation. Apply with your fingertips, a sponge, or a brush.
- What it is: A color-free base designed for wearing under lipstick.
- What it does: Designed to reduce feathering while providing long-term hydration, smoothing, and refining the lips. It also improves the overall appearance of your lip products.
- How to use: Apply a thin coating over your entire lip area, including over your lip edges. Follow with your favorite lip color.
- What it is: A lightweight, mineral-rich mist that soothes and refreshes skin, delivering an instant boost of hydration while finishing your makeup look.
- What it does: This mist gently soothes and refreshes skin and delivers a soft sheen. It’s designed to help set and improve the quality of your makeup for up to 12 hours.
- How to use: Hold the bottle 12 inches away from your face and spray it on evenly. Use it alone or to finish your makeup.
How I apply MAC Prep and Prime Products
I start with the Prep and Prime Skin Refined Zone and apply this to my t-zone. Since I have normal to combination skin, my t-zone tends to be the oiliest part of my face so I like to use a product that controls oil and minimizes my pores. Then I apply the Prep and Prime Skin to the rest of my face as a primer, the perfect base for my makeup.
After that, I go ahead and apply the makeup of the day. This can be a full face (foundation, concealer, setting powder, etc.) or minimal makeup (concealer, blush, brows, and mascara), depends on my mood and how my skin is looking. After that’s finished, I apply the MAC Prep and Prime Lip to moisture my lips before I apply my favorite lipstick.
Now my makeup is finished, I set everything in place using the MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ Setting Spray. This makes sure to set my makeup in place and stays on all day!
Have you ever used one of these MAC Prep and Prime products? If yes, what’s your favorite product? If no, which one would you like to try? Let me know in the comments!