If you buy something through the links, I may earn an affiliate commission (at no cost to you). Read the full disclosure here.
Are you looking for ways to feel better about yourself? Do you want to improve your appearance and confidence? If so, then you may be wondering how to glow up. A glow-up is all about feeling good in your own skin. If you’re not happy with the way you look, it’s time to make a change.
Glow-ups don’t happen overnight, but they are definitely achievable with time and effort. If you’re looking for tips on how to glow up, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll share 10 tips to help you get a fresh new look.
From skincare to hair care, there’s something for everyone. So, keep reading, whether you’re looking for a new skincare routine or just some tips on how to style your hair.
What Is A Glow Up
Glow up is slang for transitioning one style or appearance to another. It’s a dramatic or impressive improvement or development that occurs over a short period.
A glow up stands for a metamorphose, a mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual change that has an improving effect on you. A “Glow up” can be due to your diet, exercise routines, clothing style, or makeup. It can take effect when you’re finally achieving the things you set out to do.
Are you in a rut? If you are, try changing things. Get in shape, get a new job, practice a new hobby, etc. Do things that make you happy. Even if you want to wallow in self-pity, don’t. Instead, learn how to deal with adversity and keep your chin up.
How To Have A Glow Up
Depending on your goal, you can make simple or significant changes to achieve that beautiful, glowing skin. However, remember that beauty comes from within and can happen as quickly as overnight!
With a glow up, we try to improve your physical and mental condition with easy but efficient methods. These proven steps help you maintain your current fitness level or even slowly work towards improvement.
In addition, some easy changes can boost your confidence instantly – bleach your teeth, or groom your eyebrows, put on a self tan for example.
As for the mental glow up, you can pursue practices or hobbies that relieve stress and help you relax. Such as activities such as yoga, tai chi, tai-chi, walking, and other types of exercises.
As you can just relax, take a moment, and focus on your mental and physical well-being. Actually, there are quite some ways you can achieve a quick glow up, whether you want to improve your appearance or physical or mental health.
10 Tips On How To Glow Up
Eating nutritious food will help your skin and hair look its best. It will also give you more energy to put towards your glow up. Avoid junk food and processed snacks. Instead, get extra vitamins and minerals from natural sources like wild salmon, leafy greens, and nuts.
Drink Lots Of Water
An incredible thing you can do for your skin is to drink enough water. It helps to keep it hydrated and prevents dryness. On top of that, drinking enough water also helps flush out toxins from your body, giving your skin a dull appearance.
Focus on drinking eight glasses of water daily to get the most benefits. If you don’t like water alone, you can add some fresh fruit or herbs to boost flavor and nutrients.
Get A Good Night’s Sleep
Undoubtedly, getting a good night’s sleep is one of the best things you can do for your skin. It’s a fact that well-rested skin will repair itself from daily damage and regenerate new cells.
This process is essential for keeping your skin looking its best. You can do a few simple things to ensure you get the best night’s sleep possible:
- Avoid caffeine in the evening so you’re not wired when trying to relax.
- Establish a bedtime routine that includes winding down for 30 minutes before you turn in. After a while, your body knows when it’s time to sleep.
- Make sure your sleeping environment is dark enough. Otherwise, try sleeping with a sleeping mask on.
Invest In A Silk Pillowcase
Investing in a silk pillowcase is a great way to start if you’re looking for a way to glow up, as silk is gentle on your hair and skin and helps to prevent wrinkles and sleep creases. They also help to keep your hair looking shiny and smooth.
Plus, they just look and feel luxurious. A silk pillowcase is the perfect quick trick to start your glow up journey without much effort, and you’ll quickly see results.
If you’re able to exercise, don’t take this for granted, as this is such an essential part of your body’s and mental health. Regular exercise can help you to lose weight (if you want or need to), tone your muscles, and improve your skin and hair.
On top of that, chances are huge that it will also boost your mood and energy levels. So if you’re looking to glow up, make exercise a regular part of your routine.
Invest In Quality Skincare Products
If you want to glow up, you need to invest in your skin, and the best way to do this is to invest in quality products. This doesn’t mean you have to break the bank to get yourself some skincare products.
There are very affordable yet effective skincare products on the market too. If you have money or are willing to spend, opt for some luxury products (treat yourself!). Either way, skincare should be a part of your glow up.
The Importance Of A Good Skincare Routine
A good skincare routine is essential for keeping your skin looking its best. Here are 5 steps you need for a fresh skincare routine:
- Cleansing: Cleansing your face every morning and night is crucial for keeping your skin clean and looking healthy.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating is the best way to help your skin remove dead skin cells, giving your skin a fresh, radiant glow.
- Serums: Serums are made to target specific skin concerns and are packed with powerful ingredients that will help to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing is excellent for adding moisture and hydration to the skin, which every skin type needs.
- Face mask: Face masks are great for giving your skin a boost of hydration or nourishment once per week.
The 5 Best Skincare Products For A Fresh New Look
- Cleansing: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- Exfoliate: Kylie Skin Walnut Face Scrub
- Serums: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Moisturize: Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Cream
- Face Mask: Summer Fridays Jet Leg Mask
If you need more inspiration, check out the products below – they will for sure help you with new, fresh, and clean skin!
Invest In Quality Makeup Products
There’s no denying that a good makeup routine can make you feel more confident and put-together. But if you’re using makeup products that are full of harsh chemicals, it can actually be doing more harm than good.
Your skin absorbs whatever you apply onto it into your body. So it’s important to invest in quality makeup that is made with non-toxic ingredients.
Not only is quality makeup better for your health, but it also tends to perform better than drugstore products. It goes on smoothly, lasts longer, and gives you a more natural-looking finish. On top of that, you don’t have to be scared about it irritating your skin or causing breakouts.
The Importance Of A Good Makeup Routine
A good makeup routine is important for a fresh new look. Here are 10 tips for a great makeup routine:
- Sunscreen: To protect your skin from the sun, you need a sunscreen. This is important for not only your health, but also to avoid wrinkles.
- Primer: A primer is a perfect base product to ensure your makeup stays in place and gives you a more polished look.
- Foundation: Make sure to find a foundation that matches your skin tone and preferred coverage and finish.
- Concealer: Use a concealer to hide any blemishes or dark under-eye circles.
- Powder: A powder can help to set your foundation and give your skin a matte finish.
- Blush: A touch of blush will add a healthy flush to your cheeks.
- Bronzer: Bronzer can help to give your skin a bit of extra color and definition.
- Eyeshadow: Choose a color that compliments your eye color.
- Mascara: Lift those lashes with a volumizing and lengthening mascara.
- Lipstick: To really top of the look, try using a lipstick that is comfortable yet flattering.
The 5 Best Makeup Products for a Fresh New Look
There are countless makeup products on the market, so how do you know which ones are the best for achieving a fresh new look? Here are 5 of the best makeup products to help you glow up:
- Foundation: Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Foundation
- Concealer: Dose Of Colors Meet Your Hue Concealer
- Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Blush: Pat McGrath Divine Blushes
- Bronzer: Patrick Ta Major Sculpt Crème Contour & Powder Bronzer Duo
If you need more inspiration, check out the products below – they will for sure help you with a new, fresh, and stylish look!
Go For Nude Lips
A red lip is viewed as a way to show confidence, but did you know red lipstick isn’t just makeup? Historically, it became the symbol of the American suffrage movement.
Women would wear red lipstick in public to shock men and use it as a way of embodying independence. It also signifies defiance, which society eventually realizes is powerful and intimidating.
Wearing the red shade on your lips is already a sign of confidence and can make you feel sexier. But do you know that you can still pull off that confidence with something more subtle and natural?
If you’re not into red lipstick, try some nude lipsticks that range from pale taupe to neutral beige, as it complements almost every outfit and every occasion. Instantly feel sexier when your outfit and makeup are top-notch and matching.
Do Eye Makeup
Using makeup correctly can help boost your sex appeal. Your eyes are one of the primary areas that helps you look attractive with the proper eye makeup application.
Styling your eyes with liners and eyeshadows can make or break your look, but finding the right one to wear that complements your outfit can bring out that sensual look.
A pro tip: try the latest siren-eyes trend while experimenting with eye makeup for a mysterious, feminine look. And if you haven’t tried already, you can play with false eyelashes too.
Find Your Personal Style
To find your personal style, you must experiment and try new things. Pay attention to what you like and don’t like and what looks good on you.
If you want to, you can stay up-to-date with trends, but don’t feel you need to follow them blindly. Instead, find what works for you and what makes you feel confident.
One way to instantly improve your appearance is to invest in some new clothes. No worries, you don’t have to drop hundreds of dollars to do so – just a few basic pieces can make a big difference.
First, look for flattering items that make you feel good about yourself – this will help you exude confidence, which is always attractive.
Next, consider your color palette carefully, which can also impact your look. Finally, choose clothing that makes you feel like your best self – you’ll be sure to radiate positive vibes when you look and feel great!
The Power Of Fashion
Fashion can easily help you transform your look and boost your confidence. So if you’re looking for how to glow up your style, here are 4 tips:
- Find your style: Make sure to experiment with colors, patterns, styles, etc., until you find the right ones that make you feel confident and stylish.
- Invest in quality pieces: It’s better to have a couple of high-quality essential pieces that will last longer than cheaper, trendier items.
- Curate your wardrobe: Go through your closet and declutter the clothes that don’t fit or that you don’t love. A capsule wardrobe of versatile, stylish pieces will make getting dressed more manageable and fun.
- Accessorize: Accessorize can add a fun pop of color or uniqueness to your look. They can also be a great way to express your personality.
Wear Luxurious Lingerie
Cotton pajamas might be your nightly go-to, but why not try good, sexy lingerie and treat your skin to demure fabric? You deserve to enjoy luxury silk and lace chemises even on a typical day since wearing something special can help boost your confidence. Beautiful intimates are not just made to entice a special someone but for you to feel good inside out.
If you don’t have a good set of lingerie yet, it’s time you invest in them. A good-fitting bra that you can wear daily at work or even when running errands can make you feel like a million bucks.
So, don’t be afraid to spend on luxurious lingerie because they are not just supportive physically but also amplify your sexual appeal.
Highlight Your Best Body Parts
Whether you like to admit it or not, you have a favorite part of your body and parts that you’re insecure about. But, knowing what can complement your best parts is the secret. As everybody in the fashion industry says, ‘if you have it, flaunt it.’
Sexiness doesn’t mean bearing them to their full glory but knowing how to highlight them tastefully and accentuating your look without looking scandalous is the way to go. Invest in clothes that complement your body shape and are comfortable while still feeling a little sexy.
Get A New Hairstyle
Whether you’ve had the same hairstyle for years, changing it can make a big difference. If you want to boast a new look for yourself, why not opt for a shorter, sultry hairstyle?
Some may find it daunting to have their long locks chopped off, but getting the right hairstyle that best fits your features can reveal your seductive side.
If you look at celebrities looking sexy and sophisticated in short hairstyles, it’s because their stylists know what works for them. Getting a new look demands you trust your stylist for results that align with your vision.
If you’re not ready for a haircut, you can try changing your style. For instance, you can try parting it on the other side or use hair accessories to style it.
4 Tips To Help You Choose The Perfect Hair Style
- Consider your face shape: This will help you narrow down which styles will look best on you.
- Take into account your lifestyle: You may want to consider a low-maintenance style that’s easy to care for if you have a busy lifestyle.
- Think about the colors complimenting your skin tone: This will help you choose a color that will make you look your best.
- Decide if you want a traditional or trendy style: If you want a more timeless style, go for a traditional cut. If you’re looking for something more modern
Find A New Signature Scent
There’s nothing like finding a new signature scent to make you feel refreshed and confident. So whether you’re looking to glow up for a special occasion or update your everyday look, here are tips for finding a new scent that suits you.
- Start by identifying the scents you usually go for. For example, do you prefer fresh and light scents or something more warm and woody?
- Once you know what type of scent you like, experiment with different types of perfume. This will impact how long your perfume is going to last.
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Try new scents, maybe even mix fragrances!
Have Self Care Routine
One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to develop a self-care routine. This is a set of activities you regularly do to take care of your physical and mental health.
A self-care routine can help you make time for yourself and do things that make you feel good.
It can be as simple as taking a few minutes each day to do something for yourself, like taking a bath, reading a book, or taking a walk.
Or, you can set aside one day each week to do something special for yourself, like getting a massage or going to the movies. Whatever you do, make sure it’s something you enjoy and makes you feel good.
Get A Manicure And A Pedicure
A manicure and pedicure are wonderful ways to implement some me-time into your daily life. Here are three tips to get the most out of your manicure and pedicure:
- Choose a color that you love: Whether it’s a bright shade or just nude nails, pick a polish that makes you feel confident.
- Exfoliate your hands and feet before you go in for your manicure and pedicure. This way you’ve already softened the skin so it easier for the tech to do their job, and you will have super soft hands and feet!
- Massage: When you’re doing your nails, ask for a hand and foot massage. It’s the best part of the experience!
Pamper Yourself With Regular Beauty Treatments
It’s important to pamper yourself with regular beauty treatments to maintain your appearance and well-being. Beauty treatments can include anything from getting your hair and nails done to indulging in a relaxing massage or a facial.
Taking care of yourself makes you look and feel good and can also be a great way to reduce stress. So go ahead and treat yourself to a little luxury – you deserve it!
Cut Out Negative People And Influences
To glow up, it is vital to cut out negative people and influences from your life. This can be difficult but worth it in the long run. There are a few things to keep in mind when doing this.
First, it is crucial, to be honest with yourself about these negative people. Second, asserting and setting boundaries with these people is essential.
Finally, it is vital to let go of any guilt or feelings of obligation that you may have towards these people. If you can do these things, you will be well on your way to a fresh look.
It doesn’t take much to look and feel sexy. Knowing how to highlight your best assets and wearing something that makes you feel good and happy gives you an edge. Keep in mind that sexiness is about confidence in the way you look and feel your best.
Love this! You can’t a good underwear set!
I’m always in the mood for gorgeous lingerie, I think I have a problem regarding it as I never have enough! <3
I love what you said in the intro: “But today, as people begin to accept those beauty standards come in different shapes, colors, and sizes, what’s left is to actually feel sexier just like the way you are and the skin you’re in.” This is so true! Sexiness and confidence are all about finding what makes you look and feel good, and this will be different for everyone. I love all of the tips you shared here. I should probably make an effort to do more with my hair lol, so thanks for the reminder here
I’m so happy you could relate and that you thought this post was helpful! 🙂
I feel best in a red lip but a nude is always welcome to change it up!
Milli x – https://millidavison.co.uk/
Red lips are so awesome, love to hear this!
Nice article, thanks for sharing this!
Diana – ferbena.com
Thank you so much!
Like the ideas, but what if I am a person who does most of these things, and doesn’t like wearing makeup what should she do
Hi Jana! That’s not a problem at all, you don’t have to wear makeup for a glow up. Just follow the rest of the tips, double down on skincare for a healthy, glowy skin and you will look fab either way!