If you buy something through the links, I may earn an affiliate commission (at no cost to you). Read the full disclosure here.
I independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you buy something through the links on the site, I may earn an affiliate commission (at no cost to you). For more information, read the full disclosure here.
The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms are the sisters of the TikTok-viral Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plumps, which are truly lip plumpers. The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms also have a lip-plumping property but not as much, which is probably the biggest difference between the two.
In this post, we’re focusing on the Lip Balms, which I want to compare to the Lip Plumpers once I can finally get my hands on them, but for this post, I’m going to share every little detail about the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms. Are they worth your money?
- Very comfortable, lightweight, and hydrating
- The finish is sheer but buildable
- It looks ultra-glossy on the lips
- Lasts 3-4 hours without eating or drinking
- The clickable and non-retractable packaging
I have been so into the ultra-glossy lipgloss/lip balm trend that I was very excited to try the Tarte Maracuja Lip Balms. I was also scared because I had heard rumors about stickiness, and I hate sticky lip products. Either way, I tested them thoroughly so I can give you my in-depth and honest review. Keep on reading if you want to know how the Tarte Maracuja Lip Balms look when swatched, all the details about their formula, and if I think I wasted my money or not. Let’s dive in!
What Is The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm is an all-in-1 vegan balm, gloss, color & treatment! The Cushion Comfort Complex instantly plumps the appearance of lips & smooths the look of lip lines. The maracuja drenches the lips in moisture and delivers a mirror-shine finish that feels comfortable and never sticky. There are 10+ antioxidant-rich fruits included to smooth & nourish the lips and are formulated without petrolatum or lanolin.
- Maracuja oil: rich in essential fatty acids & vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother-looking lips
- Grapeseed oil: known for anti-aging properties
- Goji: promotes collagen production & helps retain skin’s moisture
- Acai: powerful antioxidant packed with vitamins A, B, C & E to help restore moisture
- Acerola: rich in antioxidants to promote elasticity
- Pomegranate: provides maximum hydration
- Watermelon: rich in vitamin C & hydrates
- Strawberry: rich in antioxidants to help protect from free radicals
- Blueberry: packed with vitamin A, C & E
- Peach: helps boost collagen production
- Cranberry: antioxidant-rich & known for anti-aging properties
- Vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant
How To Use
- The non-retractable click packaging reveals the right amount when you click up once
- Apply one swipe as a treatment balm without much color-payoff
- Swipe on multiple layers for the perfect pop of color
Things To Note
Always formulated without Parabens, Mineral Oil, Phthalates, Triclosan, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and Gluten. On top of that, The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms are cruelty-free and vegan.
Where To Buy
The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms retail for $21 and are available on the Tarte website tartecosmetics.com and Sephora.
Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms Review
Let me start with the packaging, which is immediately one of the things I don’t like. I’m just not a fan of those clickable and non-retractable click packaging. Tarte says it keeps the packaging clean, but I feel it makes it messy. if I click up too much, I won’t be able to turn it down, but if I click up not enough, you’ll scrape the just applied layer off again. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t function very well with packaging like this, lol.
Other than the packaging, I don’t have any negative points. I like the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms way more than I initially expected! I was afraid that the lip balms would be very sticky, but even with a couple of layers, it’s not sticky. Don’t go overboard with the layers, though; too many layers can give more of a sticky feel.
The formula is very comfortable, creamy, and hydrating, making them very pleasant to wear. I don’t use them as a lip treatment at night because I love them as a daily lip balm with the opaque color payoff. My lips look ultra-shiny, plump, and glossy, but it almost feels like I’m not wearing anything. When you rub your lips together, it feels like lip balm.
The longevity surprised me a lot! As it is a lip balm/lip gloss formula, it isn’t going to last all day. However, it stays on without eating or drinking for 3-4 hours. It fades when you start eating or drinking. Just reapply when you’re done, and you’re good to go again! The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms have a soft coconut scent, are non-drying, and feel very pleasantly on chapped lips too.
I wouldn’t say they’re plumping a lot -they’re not supposed to either-, which is probably the difference between these and the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plumps; however, I feel like they make the lips look fuller and a bit more plumped while smoothing lines. If this makes sense, I think it’s more of a visibility thing than really doing the work, but I like it either way!
I like the look of a nude lip liner lining the lips and filling them in just a bit, and then top it off with one of the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balms. It looks so lovely! My favorite combinations:
- Give Me A Kiss Lip Liner by Kylie Cosmetics with Hibiscus Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
- Anywhere Caffeine Lip Liner by Make Up For Ever with Coconut Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
- Forever And Always Lip Liner by Kylie Cosmetics with Rose Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
- Honey Beige Lip Liner by Huda Beauty with Orchid Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
For some reason, the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm is better than I initially expected. I was scared that they were very sticky, but they were not. the formula is very comfortable and hydrating and gives the prettiest high-shine gloss-like finish. The only thing I didn’t like was the clickable and non-retractable click packaging. It would be really nice if they could change that! Other than that, I was very surprised by the longevity of these lip balms and the stunning opaque color payoff!
|PRODUCT NAME||Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm|
|WEIGHT||2.7 g / 0.09 oz|
Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, diisostearyl malate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ceresin, calcium sodium borosilicate, 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance/perfume, benzyl benzoate, tocopheryl acetate, tin oxide, passiflora edulis seed oil, benzyl alcohol, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Euterpe oleracea fruit extract, Punica granatum fruit extract, Lycium barbarum fruit extract, malpighia punicifolia (acerola) fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, Citrullus lanatus (watermelon) fruit extract, Fragaria vesca (strawberry) fruit extract, vaccinium Angustifolia (blueberry) fruit extract, prunus persica (peach) fruit extract, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit extract, tocopherol, red 28 lake (CI 45410), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).Show All Ingredients +
shop the post